This API uses JSON as the primary exchange format. All implementations MUST be able to produce and consume JSON.
DELETE a PID - Description
You may want to delete a defined PID. Once you have the PID url, then you can delete the PID, by just supplying it.
At the moment a nodelete profile is enforced. So the deletion of handles is deactivated.
|Description||Delete a PID|
|URL||The API Service URL with the PID|
|Security||Requires ownership of the PID. So you must authenticate before actually deleting the file|
The data you must send in order to delete are described in the following table
|Type||Description||Required||Default value||Example value|
|suffix||The local name of the handle in the system||Yes||None||05C3DB56-5692-11E3-AF8F-1C6F65A666B5|
In this example we are going to delete of a selected PID https://epic.grnet.gr/handles/11239/05C3DB56-5692-11E3-AF8F-1C6F65A666B5
The request in curl
- HTTP/1.1 204 No Content: (Success)
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized: Your username or your password is wrong
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not found: The resource doesn't exist
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden: The operation is not permitted
- HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed: The submitted url with PID is wrong